"I appreciate so much the kindness shown to me by your staff and yourself as well. You were all very considerate at all times. Thanks for always being honest — I appreciate your sincerity. I will always give you the very highest recommendations — I believe you are the very best. Thanks again for being so nice!"*
*Individual results vary
Why Choose Dr. Byrd
It’s not just in a city the size of Dallas where patients have a real choice in selecting a plastic surgeon, or any other medical specialist for that matter. With the Internet making nearly every physician accessible, patients can compare many different options right from the covenience of their computer screen. The trick to this seemingly simple task is to know what you’re looking for when you’re sorting through rhinoplasty plastic surgeons in Dallas / Fort Worth, TX.
Is it possible to be so caught up in the glitz and glitter of a mega-dollar website that you forget that you want a surgeon with a high level of education, skills and board certifications rather than the one with the biggest advertising budget? Absolutely it’s possible, and it probably happens more often than we’d like. It falls to the patients to educate themselves on what they should be looking for first. There are numerous options available, and frankly no one doctor is going to be right choice for everyone. If you have a complicated rhinoplasty surgery case, you probably don’t want a doctor who does 10 breast augmentation cases every day.
So, what should you be looking for, and why should you choose Dr. Steve Byrd? Here are a few factors to consider when comparing surgeons.
- Make sure you choose a board-certified plastic surgeon. There are all kinds of surgeons doing “facial and body rejuvenation” surgeries, and they may very well be board certified, but it’s up to you to make sure they’re board certified in plastic surgery.
- Examine a surgeon’s education, training, and experience. Your computer should give you access to most doctors’ websites and their “CV” or “Curriculum Vitae” which is simply a doctor’s resume. When you view Dr. Byrd’s CV, you will notice that it contains a thorough listing of his education, board certifications, resident training programs, and fellowships.
- Ask a surgeon if he or she is continuing to train and teach, which is a sign of keeping up to date in the latest innovations within the specialty. For instance, Dr. Byrd is a full professor at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas. Also find out if the surgeon is publishing articles and presenting research at professional meetings.
- Find out about a surgeon’s hospital affiliations. Some surgeons will have privileges to perform procedures at local hospitals while others will have closer ties to hospital facilities. For instance, Dr. Byrd is the head of plastic surgery at Children’s Hospital.
- Pay attention to the surgeon’s demeanor and personal pursuits. For instance, does he volunteer and is he otherwise active in the community?
It is likely that when you review all of these factors, one surgeon will emerge as your doctor of choice. No doctor is right for every person considering rhinoplasty, but you should find the one that’s right for you. It’s up to you to do the research and to decide what’s important to you. The results of this decision will affect you for a lifetime. This isn’t a bad haircut or like choosing the wrong color for a pedicure. The haircut will grow out and you can change the color on your toes, but if your surgeon doesn’t understand or doesn’t give you what you thought you were getting, that misunderstanding is much more difficult to rectify.
So why should you choose Dr. Byrd? His education, experience, and skill are apparent. He continues to teach, write, and learn so he’s always up to date on the best and newest developments in plastic surgery. The only things you can’t see in his CV are his warmth and compassion and that’s something you’ll have to see for yourself. Save $100 on your consultation with Dr. Byrd when you request an appointment online or call our office at (214) 821-9662. The compassionate care begins from your first phone call and follows you throughout your post-op care and beyond.