"The surgery was one of the best things I have done in my life. My outcome is really incredible. I'm so happy with all of my results. Not only are you an excellent doctor, but your staff is really wonderful. The whole experience was great. I would recommend anyone to you. Thank you for changing my life."*
– Liposuction, Tummy Tuck,
Breast Lift Patient
*Individual results vary
Liposuction in Dallas, TX
Remaining one of the most highly requested plastic surgery procedures in the U.S. since its inception in the early 1980s, liposuction, or lipo, remains popular in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX. The procedure is very gratifying because it removes undesirable and sometimes stubborn fat deposits, allowing you to reveal a more desirable, attractive body shape.
If you live in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and believe liposuction may be able to help you look and feel better, request a time to talk with Dr. Steve Byrd. Call (214) 821-9662, or save $100 on your consultation when you request your appointment online today. Our offices are conveniently located in Dallas on North Central Expressway near the North Park Mall. We look forward to helping you meet your aesthetic goals.
Why Choose Dr Byrd
- He was one of the first surgeons in the United States to perform liposuction.
- He has participated in investigatory studies of new technologies, including ultrasonic liposuction and laser liposuction.
- He will direct you in ways to avoid recurrence of fat or redistribution of fat following liposuction.
Answers to Common Questions
Should I lose weight prior to having liposuction?
If you tend to be above the normal weight for your height by 10-20 pounds, you should lose a few pounds so that at the time of surgery your body is in a weight loss mode. This allows the fat cells that remain after surgery to have room for fat storage so the body is not stimulated to initiate fat cell division. This situation, often referred to as “ratcheting,” would cause the deposition of fat in other sites.
Will my body produce fat in the treated area again?
The fat that is removed does NOT come back. However, if you are overweight at the time of liposuction or gain significant weight after your surgery, your body will produce new fat cells to store the excess fat. Fat cells and fat storage will develop elsewhere.
Is liposuction painful?
There is soreness that is most noticeable when one changes position, such as standing to sitting.
When will I see my best result?
The textbook answer is 1 year post-surgery. Our patients tend to see their appreciable and enjoyable results by the third month. Sooner for those who are at their normal weight, resume their workout routines, and continue good eating habits after the third week.
Dr. Byrd’s Approach
For a successful liposuction, responsibility falls on both the surgeon and the patient. While a surgeon’s experience and skill are vital for surgical success, lasting results from liposuction do not come from a particular method or the amount of fat removed. Successful results in the long term are based on the patient’s commitment to eating nutritiously and staying active.
According to our liposuction patients, 4 common factors have influenced the quality of results and their overall satisfaction:
- Small cannulas, the straw-like instrument through which fat is suctioned, greatly reduce trauma. This allows for more artistry in sculpting the superficial fat layers for much smoother contours.
- Fluid saturation of the treatment sites prior to liposuction, known as “tumescent infiltration,” reduces pain, aids fat removal, diminishes blood loss, and assists in ultrasonic techniques.
- Fat grafting, in which fat is removed, purified, and injected into wrinkled or recessed areas of the skin, further refines the sculpted contours.
- Ultrasonic-assisted liposuction (UAL) techniques enable fat removal in harder-to-treat areas.
These technical innovations and Dr. Byrd’s artistic abilities afford him enhanced precision to create aesthetic results of the greatest benefit to the patient.
Are You a Candidate?
Some common misconceptions about liposuction include:
- Any person is a candidate.
- Liposuction is a solution for weight loss.
- Liposuction will flatten my abdomen.
Liposuction is not a remedy for being overweight; this attitude is incorrect and unsafe. The best candidate for liposuction has good muscle tone and skin elasticity, has reached or is close to a healthy weight, and has concentrated areas of fat that do not improve with diet or exercise. If stretched abdominal muscles or skin are the cause of an undesirable appearance, a tummy tuck in Dallas might be a better option to create a flatter abdomen.
Nearly any area of accumulated fat can be treated with liposuction, but these sites typically produce the best, most predictable results:
- Chin and neck
- Inner arms
- Flank (love handle/muffin top area)
- Inner and outer thighs
- Inner knees